AUTUMN READING LIST

Sunday 22 October 2017



Hola guys! I hope you've all had a pretty fab week! Mine's been pretty hectic with work and interviews but yesterday was pretty relaxed with a yummy brunch with Conor then we headed into town for a browse round the shops and a plenty of Terrys Orange Hot Chocolate, yeah guys it was just as amazing as it sounds! After that Conor headed to work and I headed home to chuck on the comfiest jammies I could find and grab a new book! 

I always go through phases of turning into a total book worm and reading about 5 books in a row then I can't get into any books at all for a few weeks. At the minute I'm going through my read as many books as possible phases, I think it's something to do with the colder seasons there's nothing better than getting cosy under a pile of blankets in front of the fire with a cream and marshmallow topped hot chocolate with a new book. So I thought I'd share whats on my To Read list at the minute. 

At the top of the list is a book I saw everywhere during the summer but never thought to pick up, its The Girls by Emma Cline and I've actually just finished it! Finally. The plot basically follows Evie who falls in with a bad group of girls lead by a mysterious guy called Russel which leads to a tragedy in the summer of 1969. Seeing as I'd heard so much about it I expected it to be incredible but I have to admit it was a bit hard to get into and I feel like it never really got going, it kept feeling like it was going to get exciting and then nah. I did like it don't get me wrong, it's a good story line but it was quite slow. 

The Muse by Jessie Burton has been on my list since the beginning of the year and I'm really excited to get into it. Jessie Burton also wrote The Miniaturist which I heard really good things about but again never picked up! Duh when will I learn. So The Muse has a double plot line starting in 1967 with who begins working in a Gallery in London working for the glamorous Marjorie Quick, when a they discover a lost masterpiece with a secret. The plot then flashes back to 1936 in Spain where Olive Schloss an art dealers daughter becomes entangled with and artist and revolutionary. I love stories that entangle two plot lines and both sound really interesting so I'm excited to get stuck into this one!

I love Lindsey Kelk! I've read pretty much all of her books and I've defintely red all the I Heart series. The series stars Angela who after finding her fiance with his pants down decides to change her life and run away to New York, the series follows her as she makes new friends, starts a new career and falls in love. Yes it is chick lit and yes it might be kinda cheesy but they're so fun and easy to read and I just love them! I think this is the 6th and sounds like the final book in the series so I'm looking forward to finding out how things pan out for Angela.

Last but no means least on my list is Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough. I really like getting into gritty drama books, I loved Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins and I See You and I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh which all such good books if you haven't read them already then DO IT, so when I saw this on the shelf I was instantly drawn to it. The story follows three different characters who's lives become entangled when Louise meets David a succesful and charming guy but all things change when she meets his wife Adele. Louise becomes obsessed with the couple and the flaws begin to show, both are hiding terrible secrets but how far will they both go to keep them hidden? Exciting huh?!

So I'm about to get back into my Beauty and the Beast pj's (I'm 24 so what) get under a pile of blankets and throw myself into one of these plotlines. Have you read any of these books? Do you have any recommendations for me to try?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs