GLOSSIER FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Sunday 15 October 2017

Unless you've been living under a rock you'll have seen this brand all over social media this week, my news feed has been taken over by the simple and oh so aesthetically pleasing packaging and pink has been everywhere. Thanks to the beauty gods the New York cult beauty brand that is Glossier finally started shipping to the UK. I've been dying to try this brand since I saw it popping up all over my favourite blogs and I can't begin to explain my excitement last Monday when I could make my wishful thinking a reality! Think along the lines of a five year old on Christmas morning x finding a forgotten bar of chocolate in the fridge. SO FREAKIN EXCITING. 

I wanted to try skincare first as I've been going through a bit of a new skincare dry spell
for a while and just relying on the same old lotions and potions on a daily basis, so I thought I'd spruce up my collection. I ordered the phase one set which includes the Milk Jelly Cleanser, Moisturizing Primer and your choice of Balm Dotcom flavours. I got this to basically cover my cleansing, moisturising and priming needs, all wrapped up in one handy package. The 4 days between ordering my goodies and receiving them seemed like a bloomin' lifetime and by Friday I felt like some kind of John Lewis Christmas advert waiting for the postman to arrive with happiness in a little cardboard box. But oh lord was it worth the wait. I practically ripped the parcel out of the poor postmans hand and rand straight upstairs to reveal this pink amazingness inside the box, I'm only slightly exaggerating when I say I'm pretty sure angels sang when I opened that box.



First up is th Milk Jelly Cleanser. I heard really good things about pretty much all the Glossier products but this one seemed to be top of everyone's list in regards to skincare. So it's described as a "jelly" bit it feels more like a light thick serum and it smells quite chemically which I didn't expect but I got over that as soon as I used it Friday night after using a Miceller water to remove that most of my make up, I used a couple of pumps of this to wash the last of the make up and general day to day mankiness off and my skin felt so soft and fresh afterwards. It doesn't lather up like a soapy cleanser so even though it smells a bit chemically it doesn't feel like it. My first impressions of this product after just a couple of days using it morning and night before bed are really good seeing as it left my face feeling as soft and fresh as a baby booty!

Next in my package was the Moisturizing Primer. I really struggle with both moisturisers and primers because I have combination skin which means some days I'm dry as the Sahara and others my skin feels greasy AF but I read quite a few reviews of this product on the Glossier website saying that this product was perfect for combination skin so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It's a little bit funnier than I'm used to as I use quite rich moisturisers normally and Benefits Porefessional primer has been my go to for quite a while. I've been using about a dollop about the size of a ten pence piece and rubbing it into my skin in the morning after cleansing and before makeup. It takes a few minutes to completely soak in but I have found my makeup applies a lot smoother and it looks really glowy and fresh on top of the primer. I also have small patched of eczema of my cheeks so I have to be careful with what I use on them as they can get irritated really easily but in the past few days I've notice them clear up slightly so I'm so happy with this babe so far. 

Last in my set was the Balm Dotcom which I chose in Rose because, well I'm me duh. I'm really bad for not using lip balm as often as I should to say that matte lip products are my favourite so I'm determined to keep this product in my bag at all times, for lip dryness emergencies. It's quite thick and I've only been using a tiny bit as I'm so used to wearing matte lipsticks the stickiness of the balm still feels a bit weird to me, but I have to say this balm doesn't leave my lips feeling sticky or slimy at all, yay! It has a slight pink tint to it which I really like because it adds a bit of colour when I'm not using a lipstick. It's another pat on the back for Glossier! 


I also got a free sample of the yet to launch Glossier perfume, which smells so clean, fresh and luxurious, pretty much everything you'd expect from a brand like Glossier.  I can't wait to hear more about the launch and the price. I'm guessing the price won't be too crazy as the price of the other products are reasonable so lets hope we hear more about that soon! 

So you can get all these products individually but works out a couple of pounds cheaper to get them as a set for £35 for all 3 and then you're eligible for free shipping too, WINNER! If you use this link (here) you can also get 10% off your first order! I definitely recommend all three of this products and I think Glossier is going to become of my must have skincare brands, I can't wait to order my new batch of goodies, I thinking make up this time! 


Have you tried any of these products? Do you have any recommendations? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs