SUNDAY BRUNCHIN' AND BROWSIN'

Sunday 29 October 2017


Happy weekend pals! I fancied doing something a lil bit different on the blog today, I feel like I've done lots beauty posts and so I thought I'd share a bit of what I've been up to this weekend, this post is going to be a one of a series of posts about things to do in my home town.  I know a few of my followers are from my little hometown of Chesterfield or live very near by so I'm giving you a few ideas of ways to spend your weekend if you don't famcy wandering too far whilst sharing what I've been up to with you guys so love a little further afield.


I've been dreaming of Sunday brunch all week and where else would I head to other than my favourite bistro in Chesterfield, Bottle&Thyme? I love this cute little bistro, the atmosphere is wonderful thanks to the super friendly staff and cozy interior. The breakfast menu contains everything a brunch lover could dream of from pancakes and waffles to a full English with a smashed avacados on toast chucked in for good measure. I went for the pancakes with mixed berries, honey and Greek yogurt which was ofcourse amazing as always and mum opted for scrambled egg on toasted sourdough with added bacon. If you live in or around Chesterfield and haven't tried Bottle&Thyme yet then babes you're missing out. They recently won not one but two awards at the Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards for Best Newcomer and Best Customer Service, and they thoroughly deserve it as every member of staff is welcoming and so friendly. I could go on but I really think the awards and the pictures really speak for themselves, get over there!





Every last weekend of the month our little market town hosts the Artisan Market, a little celebration of everything handmade and unique. There are a collection of stalls including food stalls, decor bits and pieces stalls and accessory stalls. I love spending the a Sunday morning browsing all the different bits and pieces and I rarely walk away without buying anything. So after stuffing our faces at Bottle&Thyme we made our way down to the market. This time I picked up some macaroons from Klass-Kitchen, I got a selection of different flavours including hazelnut, salted caramel and raspberry and yeah ok I couldn't help myself and may have eaten two before even taking these pictures, and they were heavenly! I've already looked them up on insta and you can actually inbox them to order some of their delicious goodies. I also grabbed a couple of locally made ales for Conor, cos I'm the best girlfriend ever. Obviously. Not gonna lie beer ain't for me, give me a fruity cider any day but you can keep your beer. Conor on the other hand loves the stuff. I picked up two that are made by Buxton Brewery and to be honest just picked the ones I thought sounded nice, Pale and Wild Boar, and yes maybe I did pick them because I liked the packaging. Anyway there's a little description on the pictures down at the bottom and again you can find them over on Instagram. Right so I wouldn't really be me if I saw a stall selling bath bombs and didn't buy some now would I?! The Wax and Works stand was probably my favourite, candles and bath bombs galore, I grabbed a pack of the Rose scented bath chill pills, essentially mini bath bombs and my mum bought a Fairy Dust wax melt. I can't wait to run a bath tonight slap on a face mask and drop a few of these babes in the tub, Sunday chills at their best.











So that's been my Sunday, spent brunching and browsing and now I have to get back to Stranger Things 2. I only have one episode left to watch and I can already sense the ST2 withdrawals starting to kick in! I hope you've all had a fab fun filled weekend! Oh and also, we didn't steal the dog. We actually dog sit and furry little fella is Teddy.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs